Tuesday, March 23, 2010

campus from a distance-Josh Dahl

I have always liked taking pictures of landscapes, so the opportunity to do a project on new topographics really interested me. I soon found, however, that I am not very good as a new topographics photographer. I had a great time taking the pictures though. I love being in nature and the quiet of in nature, away from the main-stream hustle and bustle of the world.

These pictures are all taken from the hills east of campus, just far enough away that the sound of cars and people is muffled almost to nothing.















































6 comments:

  1. I think the first one and the one with all the roofs and dead trees are my favorites. And you lie: you're a great new topographics photographer. You really showed the interaction between man and nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite picture is #1. I like in all the other photos how the nature is sort of sandwiching the man made materials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how in the photo of the provo temple the line of the hill and the line of the far away mountain are parallel. It is very aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you chose a place to shoot from and then hunted out the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the repetition on the one with the roofs and the lines in the one of the temple. Really nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five is really amazing, it's a very organized and well composed shot.

    ReplyDelete