Thursday, April 15, 2010

Girl Meets Boy

I never quite realized how much heritage I have in Provo. I guess I never really looked. But once I decided to dig up my roots, I was happily surprised. I started with my parents, being that my father grew up here and he met my mother at BYU. I discovered that monotonous places I had seen time and again became full of life and history. I saw where they first met, where they lived, and where they went on dates. Some buildings they knew no longer stand - but the places are still full of charm. As a result of this experiment, I fell in love with the story of my parents courtship, however simple it may be, with Provo, and while working with them to uncover stories and find locations I gained a new and deeper appreciation for them and who they are individually.
















6 comments:

  1. hooray for parents! :) I love how autobiographical your project is. its funny how the more specific you are in your project, or writing, or anything... the more everyone can relate somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story. I liked the last photo a lot. It made me laugh out loud at how funny of a pose that statue is in. BUT, people actually can maintain that pose and its interesting to think about the consequences of such actions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is certainly an interesting concept. The only thing that bothered me a little was that when Kristen did this early in the semester the photos and text were a little more interconnected and flowed together. I found these a little much to get through and get in my mind, but still interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic project!! I absolutely love it, you did a great job! It is very easy to connect to it. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this project. Family history is always so interesting, especially in Mormon culture, and this is a great way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the personal aspect of this, and I think you executed it well. The similar colors in all the photos really brings it all together.

    ReplyDelete