Thursday, April 15, 2010

How To Make a Person

This was my favorite stuffed animal when I was a child.  I used to drag it everywhere by the ear.  I found it in a box and I hugged it as soon as I saw it.  Objects carry meaning because they can be strongly correlated with memories.  This bunny reminds me of my sublime childhood - a time with no responsibility, a time of happiness, a time where I loved animals, a time by the beach, a time with friends, and a time of play.  I want the rest of my life to be as glorious as my childhood was.


These were my favorite books.  My mom has the perfect voice for singing lullabies and reading stories, and these were my favorites.  Because of these books, I love to read.


This is where I keep my doll clothes.  I used to play with my dolls all the time, and then I got a little older and would put them on display and dress them according to the season.  I got even older and stuck that photo on the second drawer of the dresser.  It is a photo of my friend Kelly putting eyeshadow on my friend Allie.  I still love fashion.


This is a piano with a piano bench.  My dad and I would sit there and he would play the piano and I would sing.  I would sit where that small pillow is and he would sit beside me.  I still love music and playing the piano.


This is my junior prom dress.  My dad thought it would be a great idea if we bought my prom dress in Paris, a few days before the prom.  What was such a glamorous idea turned into a fiasco, with me bursting into tears in the Galeries Lafayette.  We bought a dress from Didier Ludot.  I love this dress but I will never go shopping in Paris for a dress again.  I traveled a lot growing up and some experiences were bad but most were good.  This dress represents the bad and the good.


These are two paintings from Paris.  My freshman year at BYU I studied abroad in Paris, and it was a very formative time in my life.  I was on my own for the first time and I made many goals for my life while I was there.  Because of that trip I am now a French Studies major.


This is my wedding dress.  It was perfect and beautiful on one of the most wonderful days.  It is now getting wrinkly.  There a just a few objects left from that day - the photos,   a cake topper, my shoes, my wedding dress and my husband.  It was the beginning of my new life.


These are 2 teacups that my husband hung in the kitchen we painted ourselves.  It represents our first apartment together and our first year together.  We are moving in about a week and I will probably cry.

3 comments:

  1. :) great job Cassandra, i love your project... it made me think of things that made me who I am... theres even some similarities, like my mom reading to me and stuffed animals, its funny how many things it takes to make a person. i love the pictures as well, the last picture even looks sad... :( but really, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interesting story you have shared about yourself. I think the photos accompany the story well, but the post is really about the story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this concept a lot, and I think your photos are really interesting. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete